Two museum employees are present to welcome you and help you prepare and lay out the space. A resource person will be available to meet with you prior to your event in order to facilitate a successful event.
Choose whatever suits your event, it’s included!
- coat rack with a 200-coat capacity
- reading stand and podium
- microphones (2 wireless microphones, 2 microphones with wire, 2 stands and 2 table-stands)
- console with an input for an portable audio player or a portable computer
- CD player
- 100 inches portable projector screen with tripod, 4:3 (EluneVision)
- BENQ projector
- free Wi-Fi access
- folding chairs (150)
- 8 feet by 30 inches service tables (4)
- 5 feet by 30 inches tables (6)
- 2 by 2 feet tables (8)
- oven plug (model L14-30)
- a camlock (600 volts/300 amperes) is also available at the cost of $100.
We suggest you allow some time for installing and dismantling your layout, before and after the event.
Please take note of the licenses and restrictions in force
- A licence is required if you serve or sell alcohol. Click here for more information about the permit and here for a request.
- For food, the museum recommends Robert Alexis catering.
- The choice of the caterer is at the discretion of the client without additional charge.
- To rent additional equipment (glasses, tablecloths, tables, etc.), the museum recommends La Nouvelle Tablée.
- For event management or technical support, the museum recommends Groupe Paradoxe.
- It is strictly forbidden to smoke inside the museum.
- No living flame divices (candles,lanterns) or artificiel smoke devices are allowed in the Écomusée.
- Non-fireproof materials are not allowed.
- Events with DJ or dancing music are not allowed.
- The Écomusée organizes an art auction for its annual fundraising campaign. Therefore, we cannot accept any events of the same nature (auction).
- Confetti or other element (such as rice) are strictly forbidden.
Get an idea of the avaibility of the room
The Écomusée du fier monde is available for rental outside its opening hours. For the detailed schedule, click here. Space is also available on Mondays and Tuesdays all day.
To get an idea of current availabilities of the spaces, consult the online calendar.
Book your date and sign your contract
The rate is hourly and varies according to your use of the spaces and the services requested. A 40% deposit (non-refundable) and a signed contract are required in order to guarantee the desired date. Final payment is requested three weeks before the event at the latest. Credit cards are accepted.
Access to the museum
- The Écomusée du fier monde is less than ten minutes’ walk from the Sherbrooke, Berri-UQAM and Beaudry metro stations.
- The museum does not have private parking. A municipal parking lot is accessible near the museum, on Sherbrooke Street, at the corner of Lafontaine Park Avenue. Parking spaces are also available on the street, both with and without parking meters.
- The Écomusée has a ramp for wheelchairs.
- A freight elevator is available to caterers or for the delivery of goods. The delivery man must go to the museum reception where he will be informed of the procedure to follow.
Plan your lay out
Click on the links below to download the museum plans and start preparing your lay out:
- Large exhibition hall (pool and belvedere)
- Entrance hall and reception lobby
- Conference room