Exhibition or activity projects submitted to the Écomusée du fier monde must meet certain criteria.
The project must conform to the mission and scope of the institution:
- the geographical territory (Centre-Sud);
- the theme (labour, industry and working class culture)
- the social framework (contemporary issues related to the territory and to the theme or a project encouraging empowerment).
Prioritization is determined by the extent to which a project conforms with the values and priorities established by the strategic plan of the Écomusée:
- place the civic and community role at the heart of the activities of the institution;
- develop founding partnerships with organizations and institutions that respond to the mission and values of the Écomusée;
- increase revenues and diversify sources of funding;
- optimize the use of marketing and communications;
- make more efficient use of information and communications technology in the functioning of the Écomusée.
A project is evaluated by taking into consideration realistic schedules, the availability of spaces and funding, among other things. It is important to note that the program of the Écomusée is prepared months, even years, in advance.
The Écomusée prioritizes projects that promote partnerships with groups, organizations and institutions over individual projects. However, the latter are not excluded.
Projects are submitted to the program committee, which determines the eligibility and prioritization of projects. Then, the board of directors must approve the recommendations of the committee.
Submitting a project
To submit a project, your file must include:
- a description of the project and its objectives;
- visual elements that illustrate the project;
- a brief description of the organization (or organizations): history, expertise;
- a CV summary of the principle actors associated with the project.
Please send your file to René Binette, director, by e-mail or regular mail:
For the attention of René Binette
info [at] ecomusee.qc [dot] ca
Écomusée du fier monde
2050 Amherst Street
Montréal (Québec) H2L 3L8