Depending on the number of guests, two or three museum representatives will be present to welcome you and help you prepare and lay out the space. Our technician will be glad to meet you before your event in order to ensure that your needs are met.
Choose whatever suits your event, it’s included!
- coat rack with a 200-coat capacity
- reading stand and podium
- microphones (1 wireless microphone, 1 stand microphone with wire, 1 table microphone with wire and 1 wireless headset)
- console with an input for an MP3 player or a portable computer
- CD player
- 100 inches portable projector screen with tripod, 4:3 (EluneVision)
- projector (EPSON, S/N PSAK 3402047)
- Internet output
- folding chairs (150)
- 8 feet by 30 inches service tables (6)
- 5 feet by 30 inches tables (6)
- 2 by 2 feet tables (8)
- oven plug (model L14-30)
- a camlock (600 volts/300 amperes) is also available at the cost of $100.
We suggest you allow some time for installing and dismantling your layout, before and after the event.
Please take note of the licenses and restrictions in force
- A licence is required if you serve or sell alcohol. Click here for more information about the permit.
- For food, the museum recommends Robert Alexis catering.
- The choice of the caterer is at the discretion of the client without additional charge.
- To rent additional equipment (glasses, tablecloths, tables, etc.), the museum recommends La Nouvelle Tablée.
- For event management or technical support, the museum recommends Groupe Paradoxe.
- If you wish to have music during your event, please note that the museum will charge you some fees in order to pay the copyrights required by SOCAN. The amount is $29.56 for background music, and $59.17 for music with dancing. Click here for more information and refer to category 8 of the SOCAN tariffs.
- It is strictly forbidden to smoke inside the museum.
- No open flame is permitted in the Écomusée (candles, vampions).
- The use of artificial smoke is forbidden.
- Non-fireproof materials are not allowed.
Get an idea of the avaibility of the room
L’Écomusée du fier monde is open to the public from Wednesday until Sunday during the day. To view the detailed hours, click here. To create an event after our opening hours, please contact us. The space is available all day on Monday and Tuesday.
To get an idea of current availabilities of the spaces, consult the online calendar.
Book your date and sign your contract
The rate is hourly and varies according to your use of the spaces and the services requested. A 40% deposit (non-refundable) and a signed contract are required in order to guarantee the desired date. Final payment is requested three weeks before the event at the latest. Credit cards are accepted.
Access to the museum
- The Écomusée du fier monde is less than ten minutes’ walk from the Sherbrooke, Berri-UQAM and Beaudry metro stations.
- The museum does not have private parking. Municipal parking is accessible on Sherbrooke Street, between Amherst and de la Visitation Streets (for more details, please call 514 868-3737 and mention lot 139). Parking spaces are also available on the street, both with and without parking meters.
- The Écomusée has a ramp for wheelchairs.
- A freight elevator is at the disposal of caterers.
- A freight elevator is available for the delivery of goods. The delivery person should present themselves at the museum’s front desk, where they will be informed about how to proceed.
Plan your lay out
Click on the links below to download the museum plans and start preparing your lay out: